Earlier this year two electronic elections were held so that IEA members could select representatives for the IEA Council for the triennium 2017-2020 (to start in August 2017).
The first election was held on March 1-21 and a total of 598 members voted. The second election, just to select the President-Elect, was held on May 1-14 and a total of 714 members voted.
Congratulations are to Chandra Mani Pandey, elected as President-Elect, Sandra Sulsky, elected as Secretary, and Yosikazu Nakamura, elected Treasurer, and to the successful Regional Representatives.
The IEA also thanks all the candidates who put themselves forward to work for IEA.
The full list of elected candidates is as follows:
- President-Elect – Chandra Mani Pandey
- Secretary – Sandra Sulsky
- Treasurer – Yosikazu Nakamura
- Africa Region Representative – Akindele Adebiyi
- Eastern Mediterranean Region Representative – Salim Adib
- European Region Representative – Patricia Kearney
- Latin American & Caribbean Region Representative – Karina Braga Ribeiro
- North America Region Representative – Eduardo Franco
- South East Asia Regional Representative – Umesh Kapil
- Western Pacific Region Representative – Manami Inoue
Thanks also to members of the Nominating Committee, including Mauricio Barreto, Lianne Parkin and David Wegman.
With best wishes,