For the last few weeks we have been holding the triennial IEA elections. We had votes from 728 members (a little less than half of the current membership).
Our congratulations to Valerie Beral who has been elected President, Enrique Barros who has been elected unopposed as President-elect, Vinod Srivastava who has been elected unopposed as Secretary, and Lorenzo Richiardi who has been elected as Treasurer, as well as to the successful regional candidates.
We would also like to thank all of the candidates for putting themselves forward to work for the IEA and to promote epidemiology globally.
The full list of elected candidates is as follows:
- President – Valerie Beral
- President-elect – Henrique Barros
- Secretary – Vinod Srivastava
- Treasurer – Lorenzo Richiardi
- Africa – Newton Kumwenda
- Eastern Mediterranean – Salim Adib
- Europe – Elisabete Weiderpass
- Latin American & Caribbean – Rita Barradas
- North America – Nancy Krieger
- South Asia – Umesh Kapil
- Western Pacific – Anthony LaMontagne
Finally, a special thanks to our nominations committee that included Neil Pearce, Rodolfo Saracci, Maria Ines Schmidt and Akin Abebiyi.
Cesar Victora, IEA President