The IEA ECE Committee is delighted to announce the best ECE abstract competition for the 20th IEA World Congress of Epidemiology (WCE).
- The deadline for entry into the competition has now passed.
- Applicants should be citizens of low/middle-income countries (LMIC) without obvious alternative resources. They should not be working in or be a resident of a high income country at the time of application, or be employed temporarily or permanently by international organizations such as WHO, PAHO etc. – on the assumption that funding should be available from their host organization.
- Low and middle-income countries are defined by the World Bank.
- The applicant must be an early career epidemiologist in training, practice, teaching or research, and a member of the IEA ECE group.
- A prize with a maximum value of US $5,000 will be awarded to the IEA ECE group member from an LMIC with the best abstract (as judged by the score assigned by the WCE abstract assessment committees, and the IEA ECE Committee).
- The prize is to cover the registration fee for the 20th IEA World Congress of Epidemiology, in Anchorage, & flights – a (more or less) free place at the WCE.
- The winner will be invited to present his/her abstract at an ECE session.
- The recipient of the prize is required to acknowledge the prize in any publication of the material presented at the meeting for which the prize was given. A form of words which may be used is: This work was presented (in part) at (name of meeting) with the support of a full (partial) prize provided by the International Epidemiological Association.
- IEA ECE group members who wish to apply should enter via the WCE website. The winner will be notified as soon as possible after March 20th, 2014.