The IEA is seeking nominations for IEA Council Membership for 2017-2020
Nominations are requested of the following positions:
- President Elect
- 7 Regional Councillors, respectively for the African Region; the Eastern Mediterranean Region; the European Region; the Latin American and Caribbean Region; the South East Asian Region; the North American Region; and the Western Pacific Region
Any IEA member may submit to the Nominating Committee names of candidates for President Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer. IEA members may submit nominations for Regional Councillors for their own region only.
Those nominating candidates must ensure that:
- the candidate is aware of their responsibilities as IEA Councillors and of the tasks they are expected to carry out, that can be found on the IEA Handbook (IEA-Handbook-2015-11-7-16 (1).pdf)
- the candidate is committed to accept the mandate, if elected
- the candidate is a current IEA member
Self nominations can be accepted ONLY from current IEA Secretary, Treasurer, and Regional Councillors.
Nominations should specify the name and address of the candidate and summarize briefly:
- current affiliations
- professional curriculum
- past and present involvement in IEA activities
- past and present involvement in national epidemiological societies
The Nominating Committee will treat in strict confidence any comments proposers may wish to add. Nominations must be submitted to Peter Kralka, IEA Account Executive (email@example.com) by 31 December 2016. Electronic voting by the entire IEA membership will take place during February 2017.
The current IEA Council will act until August 2017 and hand over responsibilities for the next three years to the newly appointed members of Council at the 2017 IEA World Congress of Epidemiology in Saitama, Japan (http://wce2017.umin.jp/welcome/index.html).